WALKER CHARTER JUNE 4 - 8, 2024
- Transportation via deluxe highway motorcoach
- Two nights accommodations at a first-class hotel
- A visit to Flight 93 National Memorial, the crash site of United Airlines Flight 93, where we learn of the heroic actions of the passengers and crew on September 11, 2001
- A visit to the Smithsonian Museums
- A visit the Washington D.C.’s memorials
- A tour of Mount Vernon, the beautiful estate of George Washington and visit to the educational center
- A tram ride through Arlington Cemetery and see the Changing of the Guard Ceremony at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
- A guided tour of Gettysburg National Military Park
- All taxes and tips included
- All meals are included
per student based on
four students sharing
a room with two
June 4 - 10:00 pm
Walker Charter School
Day 2 - June 5, 2024 - Wednesday - B, L , & DAfter traveling through the night, we will make a stop in the morning and learn of the heroic actions of the passengers and crew at the Flight 93 National Memorial. We will stop for some breakfast at a travel plaza before heading over to the Steven F Udvar-Hazy Center, a Smithsonian Air & Space Museum. We will then make our way into Washington D.C. where we will visit the rest of the Smithsonian Museums. After some dinner at Union Station, we will take a walk through some of the beautiful Memorials around Washington D.C. before heading to our hotel for the night.
Day 3 - June 6, 2024 - Thursday - CB, L , & D After breakfast at the hotel, we will head to Mount Vernon, George Washington’s beautiful home on the banks of the Potomac River. After getting some lunch we will depart for Arlington Cemetery and take a tram ride to witness the Changing of the Guard Ceremony at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. Our evening will be spent touring the remaining Memorials we missed before heading back to our hotel.
Day 4 - June 7, 2024 - Friday - CB, L, & DAfter breakfast we will be dropped off at the Capitol Building for some final pictures before heading for Gettysburg. Our afternoon in Gettysburg will be spent touring the Gettysburg National Military Park with a Park Service Guide. After dinner we will board the motorcoach for our ride home.
Day 5 - June 8, 2024 - Saturday We will arrive back home around 6:30 am.